kro
kro asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Anyone else sick of the unconstitutional American government?

Our fore fathers were firm believers in more liberty and less government.

I'm tired of being bullied by our government.

Jury duty - involuntary servitude

License renewal and vehicle inspection every year - right to transportation

Illegal red light cameras - They are breaking their own laws in order to tax people

Patriot Act - Pretty much violates all our rights.

Ever increasing gun laws - How can we sustain a militia that can hold off an unjust government if we are not allowed to arm ourselves with equivalent weaponry?

I'm afraid to do anything anymore because the government will find some way to fine me or threaten me with incarceration or relieve me of my property such as my vehicle or home.

@lightninron - if the government was really concerned about our safety then why aren't inspections done free of charge?

@Bolide - ok how the Bill of Rights?

First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Patriot violates this but there are several other laws and changes made to the Constitution that also violate it.

Second Amendment - A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I don't have the right to bear a fully automatic rifle, rocket launcher . . . .

You know what, I'm not going to go through all of them here, it's way too much to cover, looks like you're the one who needs to take another look.

@isurvived - doesn't matter pretty soon I wont be able to step outside my home without a naked scan or full body strip search. I forgot to put the TSA regulations in my question, dammit.

@Bibs - duty implies free will to pursue such duty. Once a duty is government regulated or enforced it is no longer a duty, it is a law. Thus violating or liberties to such freedoms.

Favorite Answer

"License renewal and vehicle inspection every year - right to transportation"

You're seriously arguing for the right to drive an uninspected car? Whose fault is it going to be if your brakes fail and someone gets hurt?

Or why don't you guys get serious about building a public transport infrastructure, like Europeans?

EDIT: Free inspections would cost the federal government $17 billion/year, and the GOP would stonewall it because it's socialistic.

The election results don't mean squat. You just voted another evil in it's place. I don't know why people are so buffoons about the election. They were there 8 years prior to Obama, so what did they do for you then...nothing. A government job should act like the real world. If you don't do your job, you should immediately be fired, and not have to wait for another election. That would make them do their jobs, Republicans as well as Democrats. Both parties should sign a contract that If they don't do what their suppose according to the people they will be fired.

brooklyntalking.blogspot.com

Except for the "jury duty" I agree with you...

I find it particularly offensive, that -- while pursuing things NOT given to it by the Constitution (such as charity), the government flaunts the obligations, which ARE explicitly spelled out in the document as its responsibility. Namely, the border security.

• Bibs

You should be taking some courses in law, especially constitutional law. With every right and privilege, there is a corresponding duty,

• I couldn't agree with you more. Although think about it, really, what can we do? They have every scenario and corner covered to a crisp, it'd be near impossible to infiltrate the corruption even the slightest bit unfortunately.

Paranoid much?

Unless you're doing something criminal, you have nothing to fear. So your to claim that you're afraid to do "anything" makes me consider what you might be planning to do.

Just for argument sake, what is that you want to be doing that will land you in trouble with the government?

The election results prove that millions of us are.

i'm sick of this POS b******t government too. how dare they abuse the power WE THE PEOPLE GIVE THEM!!!!! they need to remember who is in charge! as for my guns they can take them when i'm out of ammo. then i'll switch to one of my knives.

• Were you to actually read the Constitution you would be astonished to learn how many of your assumptions are baseless.