Isnt it funny how Michael Vick is treated like a god now, when last year he was the most hated man in America?

Just wondering what you guys think about this. If you dont know who he is, he was a quarterback arrested 2-3 years ago for illegal dog fighting. Last year when released, he was allowed to play for the eagles as back up quarterback with little to no money guarantees. He played ok last year, but this year he is... show more Just wondering what you guys think about this.

If you dont know who he is, he was a quarterback arrested 2-3 years ago for illegal dog fighting.

Last year when released, he was allowed to play for the eagles as back up quarterback with little to no money guarantees. He played ok last year, but this year he is playing amazing.

After a dominating, and record breaking victory over the Redskins earlier this week, the man is pretty much the talk of the sports world, every sports columnist seems to be wanting to write an article about him.

It seems like everyone seems to love this man, when not even a year ago he was probably one of the most hated people in America, due to his dog fighting incidents and mistreatment.

Its funny, because on comments on youtube videos that are over a year old all say how "Michael Vick is overated", "Michael Vick is a criminal" "Hes an abuser" "Hes an ***" "He sucks", etc.

But look at the recent comments and you see things like "hes a hero" "best quarterback in history" and many say "forget the past".

I just find it funny how peoples mind changes so easily, first everyone hates him and many Philly fans didnt want him on the Eagles last year. Now hes being praised as Phillies Savior.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Do you think he deserves the 2nd chance?
Update: @Darkeyes, what you say is true, although Vick's case is a bit different. After being arrested, I thought, as most other did, that he was done. He owed millions in dept, and he wasnt that great of a QB, he had an ok passer rating and his team didnt really succeed with him. He came back as a backup, and no... show more @Darkeyes, what you say is true, although Vick's case is a bit different.

After being arrested, I thought, as most other did, that he was done. He owed millions in dept, and he wasnt that great of a QB, he had an ok passer rating and his team didnt really succeed with him.

He came back as a backup, and no one expected him to play again seriously, some articles even said "he was unhappy as an eagle" and would quit if anyone else would take him.

Now all of the sudden in a 10 week span, he begins playing at a legendary MVP level, and its like his entire past was erased in 3 months.
Update 2: @heem, lets get something straight. I fkn luv vick the athlete, hes amazing, im not even an Eagles fan im a Jets. I would kill to have him play in NY. just pointing out tho how alot of ppls mass thought has changed about him. Its like, 3 months ago he was Public enemy #1, now hes Jesus. lol(yes a lil... show more @heem, lets get something straight.

I fkn luv vick the athlete, hes amazing, im not even an Eagles fan im a Jets. I would kill to have him play in NY.

just pointing out tho how alot of ppls mass thought has changed about him.

Its like, 3 months ago he was Public enemy #1, now hes Jesus. lol(yes a lil exagerated)