Have any coin cleaning tips?

So I have some quarters that I want to clean. I was thinking of using something like Kaboom, but if you have any ideas, tricks, or suggestions, please tell me! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Number one tip is don't clean them. Many products will discolor the metal and that cannot be removed.

If they are dirty, wash in dish washing liquid and warm water just as you would do with fine china and crystal.

• If your talking about anything that might be collectible, don't clean them. Don't even think about cleaning them. Don't even think about thinking about cleaning them.

No matter what anybody says about how "safe" a particular cleaning technique is, it damages the coin, and kills the collector value. Collectors hate cleaned coins.

Mouthwash is really good, it not only cleans it but gives it a incredible shine.