Peavey Vypyr or Line 6 Spider?

I'm buying a new amp and i want a good modeling amp that still gives a really good metal tone. I play artists like Bullet for my Valentine, Escape the Fate, All that Remains, and Black Veil Brides. I'll need distortion that is absolutely not muddy or gritty. Please only reply to this if you have actually played/owned these amps before.

Favorite Answer

I have played the spider III and IV in several different sizes. Band members have had them, and I have messed with almost all of them at the stores. I have nothing bad to say about the peavey, but can say that both the Spider III and IV are fantastic amps, with fantastic effects, and fantastic speakers in them. You can get a LOT of different sounds out of a Spider. Line 6 is the original and still king of amp and effect modeling IMO. I have a boss GT-10 right now, but am still using a Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal on my effects loop to get a killer distortion sound. The Spiders basically have that pedal built in. Add in all of the presets and you are getting a lot of bang for your buck. I highly recommend anything in that line. The 75 watt is good as a practice amp, and any of the twins or half stacks are great for most live work. The 75 would befine if there is a PA at the venue (which sometimes there is not).

• Erika

i would not get the two.. they are the two chinese language junk. Get a marshal MG FX series (or despite they are called... the only with a splash reverb and so on). in case you've gotten adequate money the 30w, get that, if no longer, settle for the 15w. If no longer, get the biggest Vox Valvetronix modeling amp you may get... 15w possibly? Idk... pass on line and spot wich one u could have adequate money. As I reported, the two the Peavey and the line 6 are chinese language junk... yet once you place a gun to my head and make me choose for, i assume i could pass Peavey.