Best place to study abroad?

I am sophomore and thinking about going abroad next year. I am from california so I want to experience something completely new. I want to go somewhere where the social life is huge. A place where there is always something to do. I enjoy being active, so a place with a variety of outdoor activities. I was thinking about Barcelona, Toronto, Sweden or Australia. I would like to go to a beautiful city with beautiful people. I would also prefer the people to be down to earth and friendly. Which place do you think is best for me? If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thank You

Best Answer

No doubt these and more specifically describing Spain Barcelona

It is a city that never sleeps there is always party, people are very sociable kind of all over the world, a city that you'd like to go out and ride, in summer the beach of Barcelona have less than an hour and the Costa Brava has beautiful beaches and small towns, a great culture and art (Gaudi, Picasso, Dali ..) a very cool city, Mediterranean cuisine (World Heritage) Wine, Tapas, Paella, Ham ...

the weather is perfect in summer you can enjoy the beaches, outdoor terraces sangria, tinto de verano, discos on the beach .. and winter is not very cold but enough to go snowboarding or skiing at 1, 30 by car

geographically have a 1 hour 30 by car to the border with France and the Mediterranean there is cheap boats going to Ibiza, Menorca, Mallorca ..

Look at more places but I think Barcelona is perfect, public transport is also very new and functional.

I leave some photos done by me from Barcelona and the Costa Brava;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alex_vizuete/sets/721...

I love my city;)

Source(s): Español Barcelona

Going to have to be different and say Australia!

Was there for 2 1/2 years and had the best experience ever! Student life is amazing as you meet people from all over the world. The schools/universities offer non-stop activities for international students, from barbies (barbecues) to sporting events to pub crawls.

Australia is also huge on the outdoor scene, you could be diving in the Great Barrier Reef one day and climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge the next. It's environmentally diverse as well with countless national parks. On the coastal side, kitesurfing is massive, with Australia hosting several water-based events yearly. As you may know, surfing is also a huge sport.

One of the best things - it's close to Asia and you will have the opportunity to travel cheap. Money definitely stretches further in this region.

Good luck with your decision! And as the the friendly and down to earth Aussies say, it's a "no worries" kinda life there. :)

Before I even read your elaboration I was thinking Spain! I visited there this past summer. You're looking for a place where there is always something to do?! Trust, you'll find that in Spain. Lots of culture and history in all of the autonomous regions of Spain. Each autonomus region is different so you'd even have fun doing a bit of traveling throughout the country which is very easy to do because they have a wonderful public transportation and rail system. Living in the EU you'd be able to travel freely to places like Italy, France and England. They are all close neighbors. i say go for Spain!

it depends on what u want to study, also is if u want to study from a reputed top universities of the world

i think UK is good overall, also there would be no language barrier

Helsinki, Finland friendly people, great atmosphere, stunning sites and there is no tuition fees.

japan of course