Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

my hair turned green, and I want to die it again?

-i had blonde highlightes

-2days ago i died my hair brown from the box

-only to find that it durned brown with greenish tints where the blonde used to be

-i went and bought another hair colour of dark brrown and the lady there told me that it will take out the green

-i just called the company who told me to buy all this hot oil treatment etc.

-what do I do? will dying it dark over the brownish/green make it dark like I was originally told?

Favorite Answer

When you have blonde highlights, dying your hair darker will almost always produce a greenish tint. The box dyes are not powerful enough to do the job well, the darker you go the more it will cover but it still probably will not be the results you are looking for. Go to a cheap hairdresser place, they get a lot of clients that have this problem. They will know exactly what to do with it. The reason the company is telling you to get those hot oil treatments is for two reasons: They want to sell more products and dying your hair a second time in a row can increase your chances for it getting really damaged. If you have naturally oily hair, I'd say your in good shape to get it dyed. If your hair is already dry, get an oil treatment it will help it stay healthier and the color will hold better. Box dyes are cheaper but just spend a few extra dollars to get it died. Also, if it is too expensive to get it professionally done; most communites have local hair schools (for hair dressers in training) it is really cheap and most of the time they do a good job (exspecially when your getting it died a darker color). You can also buy a color remover, it is pretty inexpensive and will get the dye you just put in out..but agian this dries out your hair! Good luck!

First of all you messed up by using box color....Because you had highlights it pulled out all the melanin in your hair leaving nothing. Which means your missing your contributing pigment. You need to use a red based color to get rid of the green and it will cancel it out.

Dont use box color again.

Source(s): I'm a Licensed cosmetologist

Maybe bleach your hair, leave it 24 hours and then dye it again. Bleaching it should take out the green? I'm not an expert so maybe you should check with a professional. :)

Source(s): me

I know it might be more expensive but that is your hair we'r talking about !!

so go to a good hair saloon , invest a couple dollars to get some hair repair done and get a new color !

U can't change ur hair like ur changing ur cloths and ur definitely need them when u get older ...

GOOD LUCK !! :)

ok ashleigh's answer is correct (love you ashleigh) but a trick that i have found to work wonders is white vinegar, shampoo your hair then use straight vinegar on your hair, something about it strips out the bad color and let it sit, you can even heat it with a blow-dryer to open the cuticle and pull out the color....then it should be fine, i too am i licensed cosmetologist but i always still resort to that method...bet you learned your lesson with box color eh? Good Luck!

i would go to a professional,i had that happen to me and had it fixed there and besides in the end buying boxed dye and doing it yourself will cost you more money.