A good book for Tax Prep Test?

I am taking a class for the Tax Prep course. We go over all the info from the all the pubs and I have the current quickfinder. We do not have a textbook. I feel like a compressed book would help me study when I actually take the test which is in about 3 weeks.

Any suggestions?

• Bobbie
    Favorite Answer

Have you tried the www.irs.gov website using the search box for Link and learn taxes

Link & Learn Taxes

Linking volunteers to quality e-learning solutions

Link & Learn Taxes, linking volunteers to quality e-learning solutions, is the web-based program providing seven courses: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Military, International, Puerto Rico and Foreign Student, along with a refresher course for returning volunteers. This training prepares SPEC partners and volunteers to provide quality tax return preparation services in their local communities. This fun, interactive course teaches the basics to accurately prepare income tax returns for individuals AND users can obtain volunteer certification along the way at their own pace!

Students will make their way through lessons that include tax topics, case studies, and interview simulations. Link & Learn Taxes uses pop-up windows to connect to forms, publications and other resource materials.

More knowledgeable students can use the course as a refresher. Link & Learn Taxes presents tax law through a variety of adult learning strategies including graphics, real world scenarios, and interview practice. Users can review the tax law material, listen to mock interviews, and complete sample tax return preparation scenarios.

There are seven modules to the current application:

Have you tried the IRS Publication 17

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/index.html

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful and good luck to you.

• tro

the Quickfinder is good, you have all the pubs? do you also have the Codes?

there is no one compressed book

nicely, having "colleges for blacks", like there became even as segregation became round, sounds racist to me. I heavily doubt those are "colleges for blacks", yet really they are likely public colleges with negative funding. That, sir, is end results of the poverty, not racism. i'm white, and that i had to flow to a public college that sounds very like the "colleges for blacks" that you defined. opposite to common ignorant idea, almost all of white people are not wealthy.

You have the textbook.