What is your opinion on Glee?

I've never seen an episode of it at all....I don't like Glee that much, but I really can't say anything because i haven't seen it.......I saw that there was one gay guy on there....but he wasn't really attractive.....=P

Favorite Answer

Why do the producers and casting directors of the hit show 'Glee' insist on ALWAYS presenting Black women and girls as FAT, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS, UNATTRACTIVE, IGNORANT, GHETTO, etc.?

On tonight's episode ('The Substitute'), for instance, they presented "beautiful, petite, blonde" Gwyneth Paltrow getting beaten-up (in an unprovoked attack) by a FAT, UGLY, LOUD Black girl (who, of course, "had an attitude" about nothing).

There was NO REASON for them to present this crude image of Black teen-girls (other than to reinforce the stereotype of the ugly, violent, loud Black).

The producers, writers and casting directors of this episode should be ashamed of themselves and the Black actress who took on this moronic role should hold her head down in shame.

This was both offensive and pathetic.

[NOTE:

This criticism does NOT include plus-sized actress, Amber Riley (a regular cast-member of the show) -- who has managed to present herself as both an attractive and a dignified character on the episodes I have seen ... unlike all of those other Black actresses who have appeared on the show in 'guest' roles.]

Once in a while there is a show that I feel they just threw it in but it didn't add to any of the plot lines. However, when the show is good - it's fantastic. I love how it raises questions about really important topics - like stereotypes, homophobia, racism, sexism (although, then they have some times when the play up sexism and that's when I don't like it), and even people questioning religion. I think how they handled Sue questioning if there is a God, and then her sister's response was pure genius and completely sweet

When the writers have a good day it makes for spectacular television.

Although I don't get to watch it often I think it is an entertaining, interesting, creative, funny, addicting show. I heard there wasn't very many gay scenes for Chris Colfer's charecter or the main female charecter's two dads the first season, which is dissapointing; but apparently this season much more gay scenes/plotlines are being included like Colfer's charecter's new boyfriend..The music to it is great, as well.

Source(s): Todays obsession- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeKI8biAglU
  • emond

no longer unavoidably. Glee's message is approximately loving who you're and bringing jointly all different communities of individuals for the purpose of song. It has achieved wonders for the LGBT community, and it additionally introduces human beings to new song. I see why there is lots hype.

I actually do like it, so far...

It's funny because, I was the same...intending to kind of watch it, never had the chance but then I downloaded it from my PS3 and I've seen Season 1 Episode 1-8 and so far like I said, it's actually pretty cool, oh and that gay dude he's alright...I like how he talks, it's cute :D

• Hildo

Last week's episode was worthy of an Emmy. It addressed the roots of homophobic bullying.

This week's episode, not so great. But it's got drama, good looking kids, music and dancing. Not for everyone but it's different from anything else you're going to see on American TV.

I could only stomach about three episodes of that trash. I'll admit I liked the singing and dancing a little bit but it lost its charm pretty fast and plus none of the characters were remotely relatable or likable except Jane Lynch's character.

I love Glee, but its like one of those Love- hate things. To me Kurt is cute, and I hope he gets a hot guy that will make it soo much more interesting.

it's weird because i really don't like it, but it's still kind of like a car crash, i can't really look away. however, i loved the episode last week with Curt and the other guy (his name starts with a b i think), the other gay guy from the other school. i hope they go out.

I tried watching... It's not entertaining for me. I've listened to some of their songs on youtube because I like singing in general.. but the show itself? Horrible.

It's an alright show. I'll watch it if it's on but I don't go out of my way to catch every episode.