Windows 7 64Bit used to work with printer, now saying no printers installed and "active directory domain servi?

Hey, so my windows 7 64 bit laptop used to work perfectly with my HP LaserJet 1020. All of a sudden I tried to print from word and it said "no printers installed" so i clicked "add a printer" and i get the message "active directory domain services unavailable". Also, now in devices... show more Hey, so my windows 7 64 bit laptop used to work perfectly with my HP LaserJet 1020. All of a sudden I tried to print from word and it said "no printers installed" so i clicked "add a printer" and i get the message "active directory domain services unavailable".

Also, now in devices and printers it has the name of my printer as connected but under "unspecified" instead of printer.

I tried troubleshooting, it said it found no problems and was of no help.

any help would be much appreciated, I'm a college student, I need to print things =P

(also, my knowledge of computers is limited, physics major, so detailed instructions would be awesome)

Thanks!!!
1 answer 1