Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

besides the land bridge what other ways did natives enter the americas and did did the?

i mean a little bridge in Canada come one

Update:

i mean the native tribes not the vikings and columbus the ones that were here millions of years

5 Answers

Relevance
  • flip
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have answered a similar question about this subject about 6 weeks ago. Here is my answer from then

How did the native Americans get to America

History Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Some of our ancestors came by way of the land bridge from siberia.

Some came by boat from Japan as evidence proves from cultural similarities of nations living on the coast of california and oregon and washington.

some came by boat from polynesia evidence shows cultural similarities and technology and language by some nations on california coast. when cooke "discovered" hawaii, the cotton he found was both cotton native to the americas as well as old world cotton plants

evidence also shows some came by boat from europe. the so called clovis projectile points closely resemble points from france. no bi-facial fluted points have ever been found in asia, only in france.

1 month ago

Also there is an archaeological did in south america that has been dated to around 40,000 years ago.

A dig in south carolina that has been dated to 32,000 years ago.

A site in eastern alaska dated to around 40,000 years ago.

A site in southern california, by Dr. Louis Leaky, that has a date over 100,000 years ago but it is still subject ot much debate.

My point is we have been here for far longer than the scholars want to say.

Source(s): over 30 years of First Nations Peoples studies
  • 4 years ago

If that's in undemanding terms a theory, why do no longer they instruct the different theories in public faculties??? Why are they no longer coaching certainty- the information from cutting-edge learn. Why, if that's not something political, do they shop coaching a theory that has been debunked? Why would they like to instruct a lie approximately yet another race? i'd record the information for you, yet for sure, you have considered the question that has various links to precise techniques with reference to the beginning of community individuals. That being mentioned, while your newborn comes dwelling house from college telling you methods the Indians got here here via potential of land bridge, are you going to set your newborn quickly and show him to the information? Will you furnish the instructor with cutting-edge learn so she would be able to easily instruct instead of tell memories? Or will you basically take a seat lower back and enable the lies be counseled by way of fact, in spite of everything, that's surprisingly much Indians, no longer something important, marvelous?

• 1 decade ago

The Polynesians made it to Easter Island, which is only a couple thousand miles away from the South American coast. Certainly they could have made it to South america as well. I have often thought that ethnically, the south american natives seem to resemble the Polynesian people more than the natives in North America do.

Oh, and forget millions of years. Most scientist agree that the earliest man arrived in America no more than 15,000 years ago at most.

• 1 decade ago

Some believe the American Indians are descended from the Lost Tribes of Israel, but there is no concrete evidence for this theory. It's also believed by some conspiracy theorists that the templars came over hundreds of years before Columbus, yet again, no concrete evidence.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think the Vikings were said to have sailed over several hunderd years before Columbus...but your question is worded screwy-Good Luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.