Good evening Brits. Have the French forgotten history?

Just heard the French and British are forming a joint military strike force to protect their interest Have they forgotten history? At Dunkirk the Free French and the British tried to invade France and establish a beach head in short order the British decided to retreat and did not inform the Free French later the... show more Just heard the French and British are forming a joint military strike force to protect their interest
Have they forgotten history? At Dunkirk the Free French and the British tried to invade France and establish a beach head in short order the British decided to retreat and did not inform the Free French later the Brits ordered them to hold back the Germans and destroy the American supplies while [whilst] the brits made it back to the U K
Just after WW 2 the Brits and French got together and schemed to take over the Suez Canal, Ike.the president of the U S put a stop to it He knew the brits well has he was their supreme military commander during the war. He told them he would release the warehouse full of British pounds they were storing to keep it from becoming worthless they backed off without consultation with the French they were furious
So with that history in mind are the French just forgiving or do they have a short memory?
As always thank y'all for sharing your vast knowledge of American history and we yanks will try and return the favoUr whenever we can
Update: Cybrbob
This was a question about the Brits and frogs not a forum for you too pontificate about y'all vast intelect and disapointment that others have not reach your level of wisdom Answer the question or put a cork in it
Update 2: Trisha No Dieppe was after Dunkirk that is were y'all sent in the Canadians
Update 3: Nigel so you are saying lend -lease took place after America entered the war and we really did not send in vast supplies to the Brits,Russia and China and 35 other countries before we entered the war Is that what your saying?
Update 4: Mariaty as apposed to your ever ending references to me being the court fool of King Henry or feeling to need to tell me how hilarious you find me But one would think you walk around town laughing to yourself on a continual basis
Update 5: Bobby I'm happy y'all better Did you have a good 'sit down' or did you nail the doe eyed one? I have found that cleaning out my tubes always helps with my regularity. Don't take any of this to heart it just that you speaker our language and I did tell the mother Terasa did flipped me the bird... show more Bobby I'm happy y'all better Did you have a good 'sit down' or did you nail the doe eyed one? I have found that cleaning out my tubes always helps with my regularity. Don't take any of this to heart it just that you speaker our language and I did tell the mother Terasa did flipped me the bird once and told me to piss off so right than and there I knew my calling in life
Update 6: Bobby I'm happy y'all better Did you have a good 'sit down' or did you nail the doe eyed one? I have found that cleaning out my tubes always helps with my regularity. Don't take any of this to heart it just that you speaker our language and I did tell the mother Terasa did flipped me the bird... show more Bobby I'm happy y'all better Did you have a good 'sit down' or did you nail the doe eyed one? I have found that cleaning out my tubes always helps with my regularity. Don't take any of this to heart it just that you speaker our language and I did tell the mother Terasa did flipped me the bird once and told me to piss off so right than and there I knew my calling in life
Update 7: Alamolic Hey cowboy how the heck are ya? Yes tis me the one and only! Can y'all feel the love here? I would call for a group hug but that Mariarty guy always wants to be in the middle chuckling away saying ''ho jolly good fun''