My ex girlfriend died and we share a 9month old son her parents are fighting me for custody what do i do?

My ex girlfriend was 19 and i am 18 we share a 9 month old son together well we shared 50/50 custody and i paid child support on time every month and both were court ordered. Well my ex died and so now i am being granted full sole custody of him except there is one problem her parents are fighting me for custody of... show more My ex girlfriend was 19 and i am 18 we share a 9 month old son together well we shared 50/50 custody and i paid child support on time every month and both were court ordered. Well my ex died and so now i am being granted full sole custody of him except there is one problem her parents are fighting me for custody of him and i do not understand why. I am in college and i work two jobs and everything and i want my son i love him more then anything and her parents wont give me a good answer as to why there doing this i know they hate me but i haven't done anything for them to hate me. My girlfriend thinks there just trying to be spiteful. Advice?
Update: Hey smart a. s. s i didn't dump her she dumped me