What medicines should I not take 7 days before cervical epidural?

I have a short list of medications I can't take 7 days before my epidural... I've searched online but can't come to a precise conclusion about some of my other medications not listed. I'm having a really bad muscle spasm today and am wondering whether or not I can take my Methocarbamol (Robaxin) for that. Would Tramadol or Adderall be on the no-no list too?

And I have called the nurse and left her a voicemail, I'm just waiting for her to call me back.

And my days are dwindling, as my epidural is scheduled for next Monday, the 22nd.

Favorite Answer

You should be o.k. to take the robaxin or the tramalol. If I remember right, most of the meds that you could not take was blood thinners because of the risk of bleeding. But if you are in doubt, call your dr office and talk to a nurse or a nurse at the pain management center you are going to. My dad had to have lumbar epidurals and took Plavix (type of blood thinner) and he could not take it for several days before hand.

Your spasm is caused by tight neck muscles and to get rid of it you have to free up the muscles in your neck and here's how to do that:

Neck

Put your hands alongside your head so your thumbs are on the front of the muscle under your ear and your fingers are on the back of the muscle behind your neck. Squeeze your thumb and fingers together and hold. Relax your body. When your fingers and thumb touch, about two minutes, slowly lower your head as far as you can, release the pressure but hold your neck lowered for another 30 seconds.

For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

• izzy

Your safest bet would be to ring the office of whoever is going to give you the epidural and ask.

We don't know what drugs s/he is planning to use.

a list of drugs that Robaxin interacts with is on the linkm but it would be safer to check with your doctor.