I am looking for financial aid for non/traditional students.?

I have applied for fasfa, and should be receiving a Pell Grant. However I will need a little more money to pay for material's.

Can anyone direct me towards scholarships our grants that would help w/ this?

I have done a lot of research, however most scholarship's are geared toward younger students.

I am married w/ two children, and I am 34 years old. I will be attending school online, and out of state. Also I am not sure if this makes much of a difference, but I am a not a high school graduate, I received a GED

I did not mention that I am going to the University of Phoenix Axia College. As far as I know they will except any aid I can get.

I think this about covers everything.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. :)

• R
    Favorite Answer

FYI - some for-profit schools don't accept outside scholarships, you'll need to check with the school to make sure. i wasn't sure if you were attending a state school out of state or a for-profit school.

Foreclosure.com Scholarship Program

Deadline: Dec. 1, 2010

Foreclosure.com is sponsoring a scholarship program for current college students (Graduate students, Law students, and/or incoming freshmen are not eligible). Applicants need to submit an essay about how education at the high school level can help avert and/or minimize a future foreclosure crisis. Additional information is available at Forclosure.com.

Entitle Direct Group, Inc.

Deadline: Dec. 7, 2010

Entitle Direct Group, Inc. is sponsoring the ENTITLE DIRECT College Tips Scholarship Contest as a way to share helpful college admissions tips for students across the country. And, one winner will receive a prize of 35% off one semester's tuition up to a maximum of $7,000. For additional information, please visit the Entitle Direct website.

Displaced Homemaker Scholarship

The Association on American Indian Affairs offers Displaced Homemaker Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each to those men and women who would not otherwise be able to complete their educational goals due to family responsibilities. This scholarship is generally for older students who have put off college to raise their children and students who are returning to college after raising their children. If you have questions about whether you qualify as a displaced homemaker contact Lisa Wyzlic at lw.aaia@verizon.net or 240-314-7155. Funds in the amount of $750 per semester are disbursed directly to the college pending satisfactory progress. Funds may be used to assist with childcare, transportation and basic living expenses in addition to educational costs. Spring disbursement requires a copy of the fall semester's grades and a spring semester class schedule. This scholarship does not automatically renew. Students are eligible to apply on a yearly basis

http://www.alvincoxmemorial.com/

Orville Redenbacher Second Start Scholarship

As its name indicates, this scholarship is sponsored by the popcorn company. It is a $1,000 award for students over the age of 30 who are either returning to college to complete a degree or who are first-time college students. Applicants can be either a full-time student or a part-time student. Students can obtain an application form by writing to:

Orville Redenbacher Second Start Scholarship Program

Box 4137

Blair, NE 68009

Gen and Kelly Tanabe Scholarship Program

This $1,000 scholarship award is available to any high school student, college undergraduate or graduate student or any returning adult student. Students can apply online and they must submit a personal statement of no more than 250 words, addressing one of three topic choices listed on the website. http://www.gkscholarship.com

Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST)

Open to adult students at transitional points in their lives

Applicants may be single parents, individuals just entering the workforce or displaced workers

Chapter awards vary in amount; the Corporate level awards 12 scholarships valued at $2,500 each

Generally awarded in May/June

Each chapter conducts its EWISP and/or ASIST program and develops its own criteria regarding deadlines, limiting areas, schools, and agencies they partner with. Applicants must first apply through local Chapters. Please contact the Chapter in your area to learn about scholarship offerings.

edit: you're welcome! also, take a look at the school's financial aid website, they may have scholarships available there too.