T1-83 CALCULATOR gives me a error ERR:WINDOW RANGE 1:QUIT when i try to graph a equation?

whats the problem?

• Phil
    Favorite Answer

I have the exact same calculator. I love my TI-83. If you press the window button at the top of your calculator you can adjust the x-min and x-max and that's probably why you have a error showing. You might have put in an incorrect value for either one of these. Just go back in and fix it.

Blessings

I have a TI-83 too so I know there are either two things you can do 1. Click the [ZOOM] button. It's the one in the middle of the five buttons on top. Then click 6 or scroll down to ZStandard and hit [ENTER]. 2. Click the [WINDOW] button. It's the second button the top. Set Xmin= -10 and Xmax=10. Same for the Ymin and Ymax Another thing you can do is just reset the whole calculator. I forget exactly how to do that, but if those 2 options don't work out; I can figure out how to reset it for you :)

• Will H

This error message is usually caused when Ymin = Ymax in the WINDOW settings. The code in a program may be such that the height of the window (Ymin − Ymax) is set to zero. If you attempt to draw a scatter plot when the output is constant, this error results because the TI-83 uses the output data to set the range for the WINDOW.

To correct this error, manually set Ymin and Ymax and press GRAPH to draw the graph.

Make sure your Xmax is greater than Xmin and Ymax is greater than Ymin.

whats the equation u want to graph? Check the MODE button and see where it says RADIANS and DEGREE. If its in RADIANS, then change it to DEGREE and see if it helps.

you can go to the website buy seller.