How can I create my own Minecraft Texture Pack?

To start things off, I want to clarify that I am not asking how to install or use a downloaded texture pack, I really want to know how to make my own, from scratch.

Well, not from scratch, but I was wondering how I could edit the tiles or textures, or if there was a program I needed that could do this easily.

In advance, thank you. =)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Creating your own texture pack is Very simple for Minecraft. All you need to do is acquire a terrain.png file either through your bin folder and minecraft.jar or via the minecraft official forums. Then open the .png file in a photo editing program that can handle Transparency(NOT MS PAINT :] )

I use paint.net

Then you go to town editing the tiles you want to modify, stay inside the box otherwise you will modify surrounding tiles and mess up other textures.

The link is to a official minecraft forum topic scroll down a bit to see an example of the terrain.png

You will need an updated terrain.png file though, because a lot of new tiles have been added to the main game.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can I create my own Minecraft Texture Pack?

To start things off, I want to clarify that I am not asking how to install or use a downloaded texture pack, I really want to know how to make my own, from scratch.

Well, not from scratch, but I was wondering how I could edit the tiles or textures, or if there was a program I needed that could...

Source(s): create minecraft texture pack: https://shortly.im/u673d
  • 4 years ago

yes , if you got permission from the creators or it's a free sourced texture pack

• 4 years ago

LOL!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

http://painterlypack.net/customizer.php is a good website that you can select options for a texture pack and then download the zip file. while this is not from scratch, i thought it might help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.