Exchanging coins in foreign currencies?

I have an assortment of coins that I'd like to convert to Philippine pesos. However, I asked at Czarina's Foreign Exchange and learned they deal only in paper bills. Does anyone know where I can change Swiss Franc coins and Euro coins? Sayang din, aabutin ng P2000+.

Thank you.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You cannot. It is just too expensive to transport back to the host country, so banks won't take them. It is the same in the US. Try to sell them on ebay. Many people love to collect coins from other countries. You can also give them as gifts, pasalubong. Kids love to show them to classmates in school.

If you can find someplace that will take them you will only get about 1/4 of the exchange rate. Meaning that if a Euro is 60 pesos then you only would get 15 pesos for coins.

• J@ps

I haven't found a place who would do that in the Philippines. Although I'm pretty sure somebody has, now if they can only read your question.

Me, I normally just keep them hoping to build a collection later on.

I just keep those coins for when I do go back to that country.

• lolit

here in middle east i have some collections of coins and it can be converted in to national currencies .

• 36

some money changers do, but it is way below the standard rate of exchange