My acer aspire one laptop will not boot windows. I am getting a missing/corrupt file message. ?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I've attempted rebooting safe mode without avail. I dont have a cd-rom spot on this laptop nor do I own any flash drive or USB cd-rom.
Best Answer
  • Vikas answered 3 years ago
CRAIG HAS GIVEN YOU A BULLS EYE SOLUTION. I AGREE WITH HIM. YOU CAN ALSO TRY CHKDSK /R. I WAS A LEVEL3 TECH SUPPORT WITH DELL AND WHAT CRAIG HAS GIVEN IS WHAT WE WE USE TO DO AT DELL.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Craig P answered 3 years ago
    When booting up to Win XP you may get a error that reads "Unmountable Boot Volume". This is probably because your boot.ini file is messed up.
    So, what do you do about it, panic and try to mount your boot in your computer...... No that is probably not a good idea.
    You can boot to the XP cd and when you see the Welcome to setup press the letter R
    You will get a dos prompt
    Then type "chkdsk /p" without the quotes and hit enter
    When that is done type "fixboot" and hit enter
    "Y" and enter at the prompt
    Then type "exit" and hit enter
    The system will now reboot into Windows
    If for some reason that don't work for you, you can boot to the recovery console like above and...
    Type "chkdsk /r" then enter
    When done type "exit" and hit enter.
    This will take longer, but the system should boot back into Windows
    • 1
    • Comment
  • andy answered 3 years ago
    You are going to need to get the contents of the Windows XP CD, or whatever operating system you are running on, to a USB drive so that you can run repairs on your current windows operating system. This will also allow you to perform a clean install incase you're not able to repair the current one.

You will need another computer to help you get the contents of the CD to a bootable USB stick.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ankur answered 3 years ago
    contact ur customr suppot!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock