Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

does the appointment to set up a regular doctor cost anything?

I went to a cheap urgent care center to get a prescription for zoloft. Doc said since money is an issue with being checked on (necessary with zoloft) I should get set up for a regular doctor (I don't have one) instead of coming back to see her. So she suggested a place upstairs from her.

They made an appointment for me to (i think) set me up with a regular doctor. I think this won't involve me being seen by the doctor like a checkup on my medication...because it will be just days after I was first prescribed it. I think this is just to set me up with a regular doctor.

Will they charge me for that appointment do you think?

I don't have a regular doctor so this process is new to me :P

Favorite Answer

This sounds like an appointment to set you up with a regular doctor . . . which will involve being seen by the doctor. I would expect a charge from the doctor's office in this case, since you can, indeed, expect to be seen by the doctor.

Be aware, since you mention that money is an issue, that sertraline (the generic name for Zoloft) is on the Wal-Mart $4 list ($4 for one-month supply).