Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 10 years ago

First 6 years: Chris Paul > Allen Iverson?

Is Chris Paul's a better player through his first 6 years than Allen Iverson?

Overall stats (peak stats in below);

CP3 - 19 ppg, 5 rpg, 10apg, 2.4 spg, 2.6 turnovers (47/35/85% shooting)

(PEAK) - 23 ppg, 6 rpg, 12apg, 2.8 spg, 2.3/3.0 turnovers (50/41/87% shooting)

A.I. - 26 ppg, 4rpg, 6apg, 2.2 spg, 3.5 turnovers (43/72/32% shooting)

(PEAK) - 31 ppg, 5 rpg, 8 apg, 2.5 spg, 3.1/4.4 turnovers (46/34/81% shooting)

Lead League in;

CP3 - steals ( 2 ), assists ( 2 )

A.I. - scoring ( 2 ), steals ( 1 ) *turnovers ( 1 )

A.I. - MVP 2000-01

CP3 - Robbed of MVP award in 2008. Seriously, I wouldn't have b*tched about Kobe being MVP in 2005-06 (he deserved it) but the Hornets winning 56 games had more to do with CP3 controlling everything, and the Lakers winning 57 had more to do with the addition of Pau Gasol.

CP3 Lead the Hornets to 45% win PCT

A.I. Lead the 76ers to 40% win PCT (lead 76ers to NBA Finals in 2001)

So, is Chris Paul's a better player through his first 6 years than Allen Iverson?

BQ: Who will end up with the better career by the time their retired?

Favorite Answer

Hard question, basically I see it as this. Both have had similar successes with their teams (Iverson & Paul both with similar playoff appearances, though the Hornets have made it as far as WCF and 76ers made it to Finals), while Iverson has been a prolific scorer and Paul has been a prolific all around player. At the end of the day though, I have to give it to Iverson because of how much less of a team he had there than Paul in their playoff years.

BQ: CP3 will easily have the better career, he should win AT LEAST one MVP by time he's done, and may in the near future move to a championship contender and have much more success than Iverson along with across the stat sheet better numbers overall.

I'd have to say Iversons first 6 are better, not neccessary based on stats...but based on the fact that his team was terrible. Without him they would have lost 60 games every year. People always complained he shot too much but there was no better option really, they kept trying to get him a 2nd scorer and it never worked. CP3 is a monster but he's had a better surrounding cast so far his career then AI did. and Iverson would get double teamed nearly every possession, chris paul rarely gets double teamed

chris pauls career will be better at the end though, hes more consistently. Iverson wore himself down by going into the paint and taking hits from big guys consistently I believe thats why he's a bit washed up now. Paul has many many good years left

While CP3 has been a star in his career so far, during Iverson's first 6 seasons he was the #1 point guard, but as long as CP3 doesn't endup playin in Europe or Turkey he will go down as having a better career

the stats will probably look better on chris paul's papers. but i say iverson is better than paul. remember iverson have no one good on his team to help him during his career with philly.

Stats really don't prove anything between them both.A.I. was a better playing then CP3.

Source(s): Killuminati

CP3 no doubt

yes

iversons were better