Just ate nachos, how long before I should drink alcohol?

I don't want to lose a lot of the alcohol that I consume, because I heard that fat can absorb alcohol. So I just ate a medium-sized plate of chips and cheese. How long do I have to wait for my food to be digested before I can drink? I thought about 20-30 minutes, but I'm not sure. Thanks! Oh - and I'm going to have a few beers.

Favorite Answer

First of all, food doesn't absorb alcohol and never has. What happens is that when you eat, a valve that connects your stomach to your small intestines closes so the food can digest before it enters. Alcohol doesn't get absorbed until it enters the small intestines. All eating does is delay the absorption. Nothing more. You will get just as drunk, just not as quickly.

Anyone who thumbs this down obviously doesn't have a wife who has a medical degree like mine.

Source(s): Drink Up!!

Don't drink alcohol. Drink an alcoholic beverage like beer. You should have a beer immediately.

I would have been washing down the nachos with a few beers. Great combination!

go ahead and drink them! you dont have to wait. you should drink faster now that you ate.

right now (: