Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is the Iphone 4 "death grip" fixed as of now?

I'm looking to buy a new iphone 4 but i don't want to get it if it still has reception problems

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The iPhone 4 has the same reception problems as before. If you keep your finger or hand off the seam on the lower left side it will not loose the signal. It can take up to a minute for the signal to get worse if that seam is covered by your finger. I got my iPhone 4 after they stopped giving out the free bumpers because if I was going to use a case at all I would get something slim and that covers the back as well. The iPhone 4 is by far the best phone I have ever had. I've seen the Android phones and looked at the Windows phones on the web. I'm not impressed with them at all. I don't have a case for the iPhone 4 yet, but I intend to get one soon.

By the way, there is a spot that all phones without an external antenna have that will reduce reception. The iPhone 4 is different because the antenna is on the side of the phone.

Of course it is up to you as to which phone to get, but I highly recommend the iPhone 4.

• 5 years ago

The reception situation is a hardware disorder not a software disorder. If Apple needs to fix it they want to revamp the iphone. you are able to genuinely avert the shortcoming of life grip by shopping for a case.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not sure if it's fixed or not but just get a bumper. It "fixes" the problem. I'm using one right now and my reception has been fine. It's about $22-29

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any case on the iPhone 4 would fix the problem. I don't hear much about it anymore, so I don't think it's as serious as it was before.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I was worried about the problem too but then once i received my phone i realized something:

"Who really holds there phone like that anyways?"

I haven't had any problems.

Hope I Helped,

;]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.