Why is there such a horrible stigma against drunk driving?

Yes, it is dangerous, I will not deny that. Yes, it should be kept illegal, I will not deny that either. Yes, it is just an all around bad idea, regardless of what the law says. Yes, DUI has killed people, including people who aren't responsible. BUT: Studies show that distracted driving (i.e.... show more Yes, it is dangerous, I will not deny that.
Yes, it should be kept illegal, I will not deny that either.
Yes, it is just an all around bad idea, regardless of what the law says.
Yes, DUI has killed people, including people who aren't responsible.

BUT:

Studies show that distracted driving (i.e. talking/texting while driving) is equally dangerous. Yet there is no stigma against it. In some states, there isn't even a law against it.

Speeding and reckless driving even in the absence of alcohol also kills people. Yet these are punished much more lightly, and there is little stigma against it. In fact, a lot of young people seem to think speeding is cool.

Smoking cigarettes kills people, even those who don't do it. Granted, the death isn't instantaneous, but it is still a death.

So I repeat the question: Why the high stigma against DUI?
Update: Yes, I agree it kills people. But so do the other things. Why is DUI any worse? I have a friend who was killed by a sober speeder whom we think was talking on the phone. My friend died because of it and the guy was not charged. How is DUI any worse? These both resulted in death, and could have been easily... show more Yes, I agree it kills people. But so do the other things. Why is DUI any worse?

I have a friend who was killed by a sober speeder whom we think was talking on the phone. My friend died because of it and the guy was not charged. How is DUI any worse? These both resulted in death, and could have been easily prevented.
Update 2: To the third responder. Talking and driving can kill someone TODAY. Why is there no stigma against that? It is your logic that makes no sense whatsoever.

Folks, none of you seem to have read the description. If you are going to respond with anger, the very least you can do is read the description.