What does it mean that Stanford doesn't have an undergrad business program?

What's the difference between an undergrad business program and a graduate school for business?

Like for Stanford, business isn't listed as a major. Assuming that I was accepted, what would I do if I want to study business?

Best Answer

Stanford recognizes that business is a profession which is best taught at the graduate level as are law and medicine, for example.

You would probably want to take an economics major as an undergraduate. Most Stanford students who are interested in a business career would want a master's degree (MBA) in any event.

• UTD15

undergrad is where you get a bachelors and it's 4 years of education. Than some people would like to go to med school, law school, or get a masters degree or PhD and to get those you go to graduate school which lasts 2-4 years depending on what you want.

Universities have undergrad education which are the basics and majors

and they also have graduate programs which are law school, business program etc

Some schools don't offer certain graduate schools so you have to look. Most do tho.

• Janice

All three are excellent schools and excellent programs. While Berkeley is the more presticious, UCLA and USC are only a few schools behind in the rankings. Why are you limiting your interest at Berkeley to Economics? Their undergraduate B-School (Haas) is ranked #3 -- well ahead of USC. Their economics department is one of the best in the world. You could mix economics and business classes with no problem. I got my PhD at Haas and taught some undergraduate classes while I was there. I was as impressed with the undergraduates at Berkeley as I was with the undergraduates that I taught at MIT's Sloan School and Penn's Wharton School. I can assure you that Haas students are in demand -- and not just in California. I had several undergraduate students who got offers from prestigious I-Banks in NYC. In fact, Haas is one of the few undergraduate programs where Goldman Sachs recruits. The irony is that at the time GS was not recruiting Haas MBA students.