What are the most important video card stats?

I need a new video card for gaming on my computer. I've been looking at clock speed mostlybut I hear that the number of bits (i.e. 64, 128, 256) is an important factor as well. It seems any card with 256 bits has a huge jump in price compared to say a card with the same DDR memory, but will have 200 or so... show more I need a new video card for gaming on my computer. I've been looking at clock speed mostlybut I hear that the number of bits (i.e. 64, 128, 256) is an important factor as well. It seems any card with 256 bits has a huge jump in price compared to say a card with the same DDR memory, but will have 200 or so less clock speed. My question is, what should I be looking for if i want to play modern computer games? If possible I'd prefer to pay around 150 bucks for a decent card! Any help is appreciated!
Update: thanks elliot, actually if I remember correctly a Tom's Hardware article suggested the exact same card!
Update 2: the question is, which gtx 460, there are a bunch of them with multiple third party builds... aka evga, zotac, etc.
2 answers