96 Cadillac STS blower motor keeps going out. What may be causing this?

The motor went out last December. I've put in a new one about 4 times in the past year and still, the motor only last a little while. I put a new one in this morning and this afternoon it stopped again. What else can I do?

The motor went out last December. I've put in a new one about 4 times in the past year and still, the motor only last a little while. I put a new one in this morning and this afternoon it stopped again. I live in Colorado and must have that heat going. What else can I do?

Best Answer

Previous experience with same vehicle tells me it maybe the connector at the motor itself. First failure usually causes excessive heat buildup resulting in the weakening of the connector terminals. Resulting in the failure of future motors. Close visual inspection should reveal overheat situation. New pigtails/connectors can be purchased through a dealership.

• ?

OFGS tell us more. if the hood is open does it work better?