How to tell a foster child he is not going to see his mom again?

This story is a little confusing so please try to bear with me. My husband and me were married over two years ago. He brought a daughter (who is now 15) who he has full custody of and I brought my two kids together and made a blended family. My husband’s ex-wife (my step daughter’s mom) had also remarried and had a... show more This story is a little confusing so please try to bear with me. My husband and me were married over two years ago. He brought a daughter (who is now 15) who he has full custody of and I brought my two kids together and made a blended family. My husband’s ex-wife (my step daughter’s mom) had also remarried and had a six year old boy from her second marriage. One week before Christmas last year the ex-wife was arrested for manufacturing meth and DHS took her son an put him in an emergency shelter. Since my husband and me have full custody of his half sister and no one else wanted him the judge allowed us to become his foster parents and he lives with us. We found out this week (almost a year after this all started) that her rights have been terminated and DHS is starting the adoption process for him to be with us permanently. My question is how do you tell a seven year old boy that he will be grown before he sees his mom again and that he will be living with us from now on? He has not seen or spoke to her since she got arrested last December, she was out of jail till this past October when she was arrested again for falling to appear for her court dates. Thank you for any help you can provide.