What is the banana equivalent dose for the TSA full body scanners?

I will be flying in a week and am curious as to what the banana equivalent dose [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dos... for the full body scanners now found in airports. This will help me determine whether or not I want to opt-out of the scans should I be randomly selected. Thank you for your time in advance.

Favorite Answer

millions of bananas, they will never tell us just how much radiation

those scanners give off, research agenda 21, they don't care about your health

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-12/travel/body.sca...

and anyone of says why would anyone care is a total moron

who will believe anything the govt tells them.

good little sheep.

Not to mention we are Americans and this **** violates our constitutional rights

Resist the new world order scumbags.

There is mounting evidence based on the government's unwillingness to divulge the actual amount of radiation these units expose us to.

There is a call by Pilot's unions to "opt out" of the scanner. Frequent flyers are also at risk.

Experts in the field of radiation are saying that even one dose of exposure could harm those who are predisposed to melanoma, and if they are immune deficient.

Until the government releases the exact type and amount of radiation, we won' t know, BUT, there's a reason they are being secretive. If it were safe, why not divulge the technical info? They claim it's a breach of security.. but.. I say bull......

I would opt for the "pat down" as much as I would hate having to go through it.

Cannot understand why anyone with nothing to hide would want to opt out of any airport security scanning system.

• Says the person with the obfuscated username on her profile which is set to private.