Stannic asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Will yao mings kids be taller then him?

Yao mings dad was 6ft 7 and his mum was 6ft. Its normal for the son to be a couple of inches taller then their dad but yao ming was nrly 1 ft taller

His wife is 6ft 2. So would yao mings sons be over 7ft 6? Because yao mings growth was all natural growth.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Think about it - if every guy born was taller than their dad we'd have 100 foot people walking around. The mother's genes have a lot to do with it too - his mother may have had a lot of tall people in her ancestry considering she herself was 6ft. I don't think there are any females that tall in my genealogy so even if I married a tall guy I don't think they'd be super tall. If he married a 6'2" woman the kid could skip a generation and take genes from a 5' relative in his gene history. It's really hard to predict but it wouldn't necessarily mean their children would be taller. I know a kid who's barely five foot tall but who's parents were over 5'5" each. But to get a really good scientific answer you should try asking in the biology section too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

His sons will be tall. It's impossible to know how tall they will be and they are unlikely to be his height or much taller. Yao is at about the end of what is possible for human height. The only thing that is certain is that his children will have bum knees and the same height caused genetic problems Yao has.

• 9 years ago

It all comes down to genetics, it's dependent on whether or not the tallness in Yao's genes are dominate or recessive (Mendel's laws).

There's still no guarantee that Yao's kids will be as tall (or taller) than him though (genetics can be a funny thing).

• 9 years ago

lol its impossible to determine how tall his son will be from just knowing his parents heights i dont think he will be taller than yao ming but he will probably be a big dude

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

who knows yao's father and mother maybe 7'0 and 6'5. XD Anyway, i think the kids will all play as a center/pf in nba

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Wait.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

We have to wait for seeing this.

• 9 years ago

His kids will probably be around 7'0

• 9 years ago

sorry, i cant predict the future lol

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

i can't say right now but it is sure

6'7" above

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.