promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Cheyenne asked in SportsWrestling · 10 years ago

why has the popular ring announcer Jim Ross been absent?

I watch Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown (pro wrestling). J.R. has been gone for awhile and I cannot find answers elsewhere.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jim Ross through out his life he has suffered 3 bell palsy attacks so last year he had his third attack which put him out of action but then he decided to retire from announcing and now works as a talent scout backstage for WWE.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • This may be sad for you to find out but, (JR) Jim Ross, retired as a commentator on october 9, 2009. He still works for WWe in the billing department and acconting firms.

Source(s): wikipedia.org
  • 10 years ago

It's because he has bells palsy desease which has kept him out for periods of time before but never this long. He's back with wwe now but doing stuff behind the scenes and helping out younger ring announcers. He said he will return but wants to do one final commentary before he finally quits commentating

• 10 years ago

I wish he'd come back to the announcer table, because I'm tired of seeing Michael Cole on Smackdown

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

He's been retired as a commentator on-screen. He still works for the WWE, doing talent scouting.

You can still catch JR at http://www.jrsbarbq.com and http://www.twitter.com/JRsBBQ

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

He's working as a talent scout backstage for WWE.

• 10 years ago

he is old and needs a break.

Source(s): BOOMER SOONER
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.