Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Do you need to take the SAT or ACT to become a real estate agent?

I'm thinking about becoming a real estate agent in the next few years.. I'm almost done with high school, and I'm 18. So technically, once I'm done with high school, I'll be eligible to become a real estate agent. But I have to take 75 hours of a Broker pre-licensing class. But to take this class, do I need to take the SAT or ACT exams? I haven't yet...

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

No, you do not need to take the SAT or ACT exam to qualify for the state licensing exam. Each state has their own requirements and can typically be found on-line with a simple Google search.

In Florida the answer is

•Be at least 18 years of age

•Have high school diploma or GED

•Complete and pass the state approved 63 hour Sales Associate Pre-License course

•Submit application to the Division of Real Estate with the appropriate fee

•Pass the state exam

•Exceptions to the above:

◦Attorneys with a current Florida Bar Card

◦4 year Degree in Real Estate

Which, along with other requirements, are detailed at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/LicensureI...

But if you want to be successful in real estate it takes hard work, long hours and some ingenuity which you did not demonstrate having asked this question on Yahoo Answers instead of taking the time to do the research yourself.