Is it true that Muslims hate america mainly because of our support to Israel?

I was watching a TV political show, and one of the guy noted that Muslims around the world are attacking america and the west because of their "unconditional support to the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian land". is that true? and if so, why do we support Israel?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Thalia
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

It is more complicated than that.

If you are talking about Muslims in the Middle East the main reasons are--

Israel

Iraq

Afghanistan

Support over the decades for authoritarian rulers (like the Shah of Iran, the corrupt kings of Saudi Arabia, etc.)

It is not true of ALL muslims. America is very popular with the Muslim Bosnians and Muslim Kosovars in the former Yugoslavia. And there is not much hostility towards America amongst the Muslim nations of the south Asian jungles like Bangladesh, Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Let's put this into some historical context.

The first people to attack the US after we won our independance were Muslims. This was nearly 200 years before the recreation of Israel.

Secondly, Muslims are attacking countries all over the world.. regardless of their support for Israel. And they've been doing this for a thousand years.

Muslims hate anybody who doesn't believe exactly as they do, even other Muslim sects. If there was no Israel, there would be a different excuse.. but they'd still be doing it.

• 9 years ago

The U.S. has supported Israel since its inception in 1949. I believe the U.S. and all their partners

are mistakenly supporting the Israeli's position, based on misunderstanding the Old Testament, conditional promise, that God made to Abraham and his children concerning the land of Israel. The Moral Majority has unintentionally, I suppose, re-enforced this concept by espousing this same faulty application of God's conditional promise.

God did promise Abraham and his ancestors the land of Israel, IF they remained faithful to God and the laws he had given.

However, after their Golden Age, and the building of the Temple, the Israeli's broke their covenant with God. As punishment, God allowed the Israelites' temple in Jerusalem to be plundered and destroyed, and the people were exiled to Babylonia.

Therefore, it is not the place of the U.S. or any other group, to overturn God's judgment on HIS former chosen people.

God returned the land to the former inhabitants. If the Israeli's want the land back....buy it and become legal neighbors.

Source(s): Old Testement. Genesis.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

No, they hate us because we are not Muslims. They also hate, Russian's because they are Christians, Indians, because they are Hindu's. They have been mass murdering people all over the world who have nothing to do with supporting Israel. The simple truth is they kill because they are Muslims and every body else is not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Um, yeah. And I'm still not sure why we support them, but I bet somebody has a good theory. Maybe it's because Israel is our "baby" and that is what we have done since the creation of the sovereign nation after WWII.

EDIT: Nobody has a good theory as to why we still support Israel? I'm surprised.

• Yes, as well as our irrational insistence of maintaining military bases in Muslim holy lands. This last one was the primary reason for the 9/11 attacks.

• meg
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is not even true that most Muslims hate America and the ones that do our war on terror invasion of Iraq is more important.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1289/global-attitudes-...

• Tyler
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Muslims around the world are not attacking America. There's a difference between terrorists and muslims.....

• 9 years ago

If by muslims you mean (Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran, and Palestine), yeah, that may be part of it, but why cave in to violent radical muslim countries when we have much more peaceful muslim countries that are OK with this.

• C B
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

NO

They attack France, they attack Indonesia, they attack Phillipines, they attacked in Serbia, they attack all over the world not just the USA.

They attack because of their twisted murderous preachers who teach them that all infidels must die.

But noone attacks purely because of religion, so power and money have to fit in there somewhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.