Martin
Lv 6
Martin asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

Pacquiao vs Mosley possible for 2011?

apparently a pacquiao-mosley fight is a possibility for 2011 if a mayweather fight does not happen. my question to pacfans is how are you going to spin this fight in light of the way the mayweather-mosley fight was trashed by you as being "fixed", bogus because of shane's age, or how floyd was "forced" to fight mosley, etc. i always warn pacfans to be careful of what you say because boxing is an odd sport in that it sometimes takes a year to see how things take shape. once again, is manny chasing a fighter that has been exposed by floyd, yet if he knocks mosley out, will pacfans say he defeated shane easier than floyd did?

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=25715&mor...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh Martin (or Cory Sanders, Marizel, Joseph Estrada, Carytop, whatever alias you prefer), you forgot to point out the moist important paragraph in the article you just posted:

"Of course, Arum, like the rest of the world, wants to see Pac-Man face the legally-troubled Floyd Mayweather after he’s taken care of Margarito. Arum would like this mega-match to go ahead next May, but if Floyd is unavailable for one reason or another (he is due back in court for the assault charge in January, and it is beginning to look like “Money” wants no part of Pac-Man anyway), Arum has three other fighters in mind for Pacquiao to face."

With emphasis from the author " HE IS DUE BACK IN COURT FOR THE ASSAULT CHARGE IN JANUARY, AND IT IS BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE "MONEY" WANTS NO PART OF PAC-MAN ANYWAY."

So think about it. What should Manny do if Fraid Jr., Flomo Jr., Fraud Jr., Maynever Jr. (notice the similarities in having so many different aliases like the poster of this question) is continually ducking him? If he goes back down to 147, I would say it's time to fight Andre Berto. Maybe even give JMM the trilogy he desires, even though at 147 Manny would wipe the floor with JMM in my honest opinion.

Look, I don't think anyone wants to see Pacman vs. Mosley. As Nepster already pointed out, Mosley looked pretty much gassed against Sergio Mora and pretty much gassed after 3 rounds against Flomo Jr. JMM and Berto would be ideal. We can't say Alexander and Bradley because they have unfinished business at 140 with Khan and Maidana.

But what is so ironic is that the Pacman is doing the fighting in the ring, with another fighter that Flomo Jr. ducked, and Flomo Jr. is ducking as doing his fighting in the Clark County Courthouse. Yeah, yeah, Mosley deafeated Margarito, but Cotto defeated Mosley and Pacquiao handed Cotto his A$$. And lets not forget Flomo Jr. fought Mosley 10 years later. I don't think the Mosley of 28 years of age would have gassed out against Flomo Jr.

• 9 years ago

Nah Pacquiao shouldn't have to fight him

Mosley i think isn't a good match up for Pacquiao

Pacquiao would just pone him

Come on Mayweather beat Mosley. That fight isn't gonna happen

• 9 years ago

After Mosley's horrendous display against the TV made boxing fraud Mora, I'd say Pac will find no fulfillment in further destroying Mosley.

• 9 years ago

This bout is pointless. Mosley needs to call it a day. He was schooled against Floyd and he was schooled against Mora (I thought Mora beat him EASILY). He would get murderd by Pac and the fight would be pointless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Nothing new then, fighting Mayweathers washed up opponents after they already took a beating from him.

Dela Hoya, Hatton and now Mosley.

• well im against pac vs mos because i dont want you guys to say that may already beat that fighter....... and mos is almost 40 now so enough is enough.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.