Black Friday is coming up...What's a good children's clothing store that has good discounts and not so crowded?

I want to finish my son's winter clothing i was waiting for a good sale, the thing is my son's bday is on thanksgiving so on black friday we have his 12 month appt, i would have to go before or after,but idk if his daddy its working that day, so i most likely would have to go with Riley, so i dont want to go to Walmart or something like that cause it gets CRAZY. I was thinking more like Children's Place or Carters,something like that, do you know if they're having good sales ? have you been there?

Favorite Answer

As a big Black Friday shopper, here's my take...

Clothes are way down on the list of things people go out for that day so you don't need to go at 4 am when it's really crazy. Stay away from Walmart & Target - the sale on their clothes probably lasts longer than say on electronics, and it's not likely they will sell out fast because they have more than five.

Kohls always has a huge sale, but they are always packed. JCPenny usually has a big sale. Macy's has a big sale. Again, there are usually a lot of people there (not as crazy at say Kohls or Best Buy), but chances are the kid clothing section won't be as jammed as others.

The mall isn't as crazy as Walmart/Target really early unless you're hitting the dept. stores. I find the mall gets busier as the day goes on. Oh, I forgot Old Navy, they usually have awesome deals but they do seem a lot busier than most mall stores. They usually have fleece for $5 every year (yeah, the same ones you shell out $15-$20 for at any other time).

It all depends on what brands you like to buy. If you want a wide variety, a dept. store would be better, if you prefer one brand to another, hit that store. I've never done TCP on Black Friday but I'm sure they'll be having some sort of sale.

Black Friday is in November, the day after Thanksgiving Day that marks the informal beginning of the Christmas shopping period. The majority of major retailers have large marketing sales to begin the vacation shopping season.

Black Friday has become that popular in standard traditionals shops that individuals line up for hours and there is lots of push and shoving and even physical violence. Why would you wait in a long line, be pushed and shoved simply to conserve a couple of bucks when online websites like Amazon have massive Black Friday sales and it's a stress free environment.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b?ie=UTF8&node=...

Amazon now has remarkable offers every day for a week leading up to Black Friday that it terms Black Friday Offer Week and culminates in Cyber Monday. Black Friday deals cover all shopping categories however Cyber Monday is specifically concentrated on digital items and electronics. It is Cyber Monday when items like Games Consoles and Kindle e-readers, Kindle Fire tablets is slashed.

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Monday/b?ie=UTF8&node=...

Have a look at Amazon's Black Friday Offer Week specials.

If your searching for Amazon's deal outside of Black Friday Week then check out Gold Box Deals at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/?ie=UTF8&tag=yah-...

Between those three pages on Amazon you will find the best deals available.

Good luck with that! I'd stay away from big discount stores like Walmart, Target, kmart, and Big lots. If it helps, shopping dies down the following saturday.

• Ann

They are all going to be crowded. Target is supposed to have 50% off clothes though. They really aren't like walmart, their selection is a lot better.

targets