Major Publishing Companies?

I've tried researching major publishing companies but for some reason, clear results never seem to come up. I'm aspiring to be a book editor and I'd like to stay in California, so obviously since most publishing companies are on the east coast I'm limited. I'd like to work in the fantasy,... show more I've tried researching major publishing companies but for some reason, clear results never seem to come up.

I'm aspiring to be a book editor and I'd like to stay in California, so obviously since most publishing companies are on the east coast I'm limited. I'd like to work in the fantasy, science fiction type field. So far I have Harper Collins on my list, but it'd be a long shot if I managed to work in the ONE publishing company I have on my list.

They really don't need to be MAJOR, but something stable and with more job opportunities than most. I would really appreciate a list of publishing companies in California. That's basically what I'm asking. Please and thank you.
Update: Gee, great BOOK publishing companies. When did I ask for media companies?