What is the sword carried by angels?

What is the sword angels use called?

• Bunny7
    Favorite Answer

The sword is the 'Word of the Lord' as depicted in this symbolic but TRUE way. It depicts the POWER of God that the Angels 'carry with them' ONLY by His divine order."The WORD, is also used in the Bible as another 'name' for Jesus found in the old testament. "The word was with God, and was 'God.' God is a 'family' of (as far as we are told) FATHER and SON. "The SWORD is the WORD....Jesus who we are told will come 'again' but NOT as He did before...but with legions of Angels at his side to FIGHT the 'evils' of this world and take 'charge' of this worlds government for a SHORT while. A definate SWORD to those of the Earth who have done EVIL and fight agaist Him! The 'Gospel' means 'Telling of the Coming Kingdom of God on Earth' as DEFINED within the Bible itself.

Blessings,

Bunny7

The only sword that I remember any angel having was the sword that St Michael welds which can be seen in many paintings of him fighting Satan. The sword itself doesn't have a name that I know of.

I know that michael had a flaming sword, and there was a lot of talk about it, but I don't recall it being given a specific name. There is also a flaming sword that guards the entrance to Eden after adam and eve were banished from it. Its also not specified if this is the same sword, but apparently it guards without anyone needing to wield it.

"If you can read this, it's already too late..."