Should graffiti be legal?

i love graffiti.I been doing this for many years.It's my habit.Don't answer this if you against graffiti and hate graffiti.I live in Los Angeles.

• Boots
    Favorite Answer

As long as you are putting graffiti on your own property and buildings - perfectly legal.

However, you have no right to vandalize another persons property. Your graffiti on others property -illegal and should remain that way. You don't have the right to damage my property. Just like I don't have the right to damage your property.

Graffiti is not legal just ANYwhere in any cities that I know of, but there are some cities that have set up special areas, special walls for "community artists" to decorate with graffiti style murals. Penalties for illegal graffiti range from city to city and state to state, from as little as a small fine through hard jail time with a big fine and requirements to remove the tagging or graffiti, plus hours of community service beyond that. Los Angeles, San Antonio, North Hollywood, Pomona, Halifax, Philadelphia, Brooklyn and Huntington Beach among many others, have special zoning for graffiti murals

I dont do Graffiti but I do enjoy it (sometimes) You know like your waiting for a train to pass It gives a little more to look at. Or like highways that have walls built around them, I cant pay a lot of attention to them when Im driving but when riding sometime, Id rather see graffiti out the window than stare at a mostly blank wall. So I wouldnt go as far as Legalizing it, You know the whole fact of kids/young adults hanging over the side of bridges and crossing busy highways,,,,,,,, but the way I look at it is there should be a do not chase law, or make little attempt to apprehend type law, I mean just think how much the state can save on paint. HA-HA.

yo i understand how you'd want graffiti to be legal and i would too but most ppl don't realize that most graff artists don't tag on ppls fences/homes n sh*t like that the ones who do that r them wannbe TOY graff artists or some gangmembers... They give the real artists a bad name

Source(s): "IN CANS WE TRUST, BY NIGHT WE BOMB" Stay up

How can you ask if something can be legal if you don't want debate on the issue and only want people to support your view? That is not asking a question.

It should be legal if you have permission to do it where you are doing it. If you are doing it on other people's property, it should be illegal as it is vandalism.

I agree completely with MSAD and the donkeyman beneath her. Even if your art is wonderful, where do you get the right to put it on my stuff?

• lowjoy

I do not hate it ... but I do not like to see all walls...shops...houses..and hoardings all written on especially on main roads which to me is an eyesore. It also makes any District look like a slum. !

If you paint your own property it is o k, but you have no right to destroy others property.

Yes:)

graffiti yes...vandalism no