2 TB Hard Drive

1080W Power supply

Windows 7 64 Bit

5 fans

200 Dollar cooling system

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

In order to know whether your computer can run "anything" out there, you must known the specific technical capabilities of the AMD Phenom II microprocessor. There should be plenty of reference material on this Central Processor Unit (CPU), but I have not consulted it. Each CPU is designed to handle specific "sets" of instructions and part of that comes down to "32-bit" versus "64-bit"; with 64-bit being the highest widely available processor architecture in the home market. IF there were some software introduced tomorrow or next month that required 128-bit instruction compatibility, then certainly your machine would not be capable of handling it.

The system certainly has an adequate amount of RAM and a high-level video card, but again here, any new piece of software introduced AFTER your purchase could easily demand more "horsepower" in one or more areas. This is the nature of both Personal and Business computers; the specifications marketed as 'State of The Art' are likely to be exceeded in six to twelve months.

The system also probably has better capabilities than eighty-five or ninety percent of home computers being used anywhere in the world. One last thing, it is my understanding that between AMD and Intel there are differences in the CPU (central microprocessor) as well as the supporting "Chipset architecture". The differences in these two may be minor and of no consequence for everyday computing tasks, but it is DEFINITELY possible of a piece of software to be written that will perform "better" on one system and adequately on the other. If one system performs "floating-point mathematical" operations better than the other and a particular piece of software is "math dependent", then the system with better architecture in this SPECIFIC CATEGORY will always win.

The rending of realistic looking graphics or three dimensional objects is a math dependent process, and this is why there are so many types of Graphics (i.e. Video) cards and the "fpm" (frames per minute) or vector rending capabilities of them becomes so important. The more the video card can do, the higher the realism of the game or simulation; and there are probably Graphics cards on the market that games do NOT take full advantage of because the programming required is so complicated.

However, the disclaimer to all of what I just wrote is that there is a balancing act when it comes to CPU/Motherboard performance and hard disk subsystem performance. One system might have a great CPU and only an adequate hard drive, while the other might have an adequate CPU but a faster, more capable hard drive and these two may achieve roughly equal benchmarks put subjected to various performance tests.

Source(s): Fifteen years of hands-on experience.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your machine seems to be having very high perfoming specs. Machines like this are normally built as high end servers and also as computer gaming systems.

So what do you mean by 'Can my PC run anything out there?', your question seems to be ambiguous. If you don't mind can you be more specific ?

• C.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sounds pretty much like the equipment I'm gonna get soon. Is it good? How do you feel about the AMD Phenom II processor? (Everyone else is always talking about intel i7)

I think it's about the best rig you can get today.

• 1 decade ago

You got all those specs and you are bragging on Yahoo. why don't you test it out with some games or something. You know what it can do!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well... yes. Your PC can run almost all of the newest applications.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.