deetrosa asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to make a portabella burger with no grill?

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I agree, in a pan. Just use a touch of olive oil, don't add salt until later, as it slows the browning process, I read. Medium heat, just saute til soft, then salt and pepper. Maybe melt some mozzarella or provolone on top. Yummy!

• Sarrah

Preheat a pan over medium high heat. Brush the top of the portabello with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper, a little salt and a little Italian seasoning. Cook in pan on the top side only for 5-7 minutes or until hot.

Actually I'd try broiling it in the oven. Season it with S&P, add a very little bit of olive oil. I think I'd start gill side up so if they get soggy, they have a minute or so to face down and let the juice run out, so your burger bun doesn't get all gooey.

On a pan with a little oil and medium heat

This is different than what you wanted, but lots of good information is on this website. Just use a fry pan instead of a grill:

http://www.cyberbilly.com/meathenge/archives/00078...