Is this to far of an age difference for dating?

Im a 19 year old male, and Ihave known this female since she was 3 and I was 6....She is now 15 about to turn 16 in April...We have been family friends for the longest time...We have both agreed to wait til she is 16 to start dating, however be do both consider ourselves taken until the time comes..so basically we are promised to date for now...We have grown up in church all of our lives together...and don't tell me I'm only trying to use her for sex, because we both wear purity rings...and I'm a firm believer in waiting for marriage...she is a strong girl, loves God, Strong morals, and is the definition of beauty. She is also homeschooled so she has no Drama in her life, and is more mature than any girl my age...but here is the question..Do you think it is wrong for a 19 year old to like a 15 year old??..Keep in mind we won't be dating til she is 16 and I will still be 19. Thanks guys!! god bless you!!

• 'sup
    Favorite Answer

Here is the problem....people might not see a problem but the law DOES see a problem. Are you ready to be a sex offender for the rest of your life, serve jail time and have a felony over your head if it goes wrong or her parents don't approve?

My husband has a friend named Jason. He goes to church and is sweet as can be, but guess what...he is on the sex offender list because he was 18 and his girlfriend of 4 years, 17 years old. A 1 year difference. He broke up with her, she told their parents that he kissed her (they never even had sex!) and now he is on the offender list for molestation.

If you like her and you like your life, wait until she is 18 years old.