hi asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is this really my period?

Hey guys. So I'm 16 and I've never had my first period. Probably because I'm small for my ago. 95 lbs. 5' 3".

Well yesterday evening, I went to the bathroom and when I wiped, there was like pinkinsh/redish on the toilet paper. So I thought maybe that was the start of my period. So I wore a pad to school today and when I got home, I went to the bathroom and there was brown on the pad. And again, when I wiped there was the pinkish/redish stuff again. Is this my period? Or a sign of my period? Or is this abnormal? Please help!!

Usually your first period is very light. Periods are not always red. They can be brown, red, or black. So yes, that is your period. So make sure you wear a pad until it stops completely, because sometimes it will trick you, and you can go a day with a clean pad, but the next day it can leak again. Good luck! and Congrats, kind of.

Yes i just had my period and im 13. But, yes it probably is. So congrats!! I noticed that there was brown in my underwear 3 days before it started. Haha i was nervous. But it is most likely. Ask your mom she wil know...my mom did. So You just started your first period!! Good Luck!! (:

Source(s): Im 13 and had my periodd(: