guy selling laptops outside of walmart illegally? read more please i need answers!?

okay so he came up to us and told us he had macbooks that they were brand new and he would sell 2 of them to use for 200 dollars. he showed us the real laptops on the car.. we told him we would give him the money for them so we went to PNC bank and got 100 dollars from there. then we went to kroger grocery store to get money from U.s bank but it turned out that my boyfriend didnt have money on the card then we went back to pnc bank to get the other 100 dollars. then we gave him the money and told him if we could go to our friends house to try out the laptops. he told us they were brand new and that it asnt neccesary. so we said ok cause they were completely sealed and we failed for the trick. he then told us that our friend was calling cause he wanted a laptop too. then he drove quickly and left. we got in the car excited thinking we were going to get the mac books we always wanted. when we got home we opened the package which the laptops supposively came in and we figured out they had tricked us! inside the package there was 2 packs of paper. we were so dissapointed. this all happened about an hour ago. what im trying to ask is if i call the police an tell them about this would we get arrested for buying something that is illegal? cause the guy told us he was selling it for 200 that they were really 3000 at best buy and that his gf was the manager at best buy and that she had supposively got them from there at a cheap price and now they were re selling it. they also caught him on the camera on PNC bank and krogers grovery store. would we get in trouble too if we call the cops? please answer !!!!! i need hel immediately!

Update:

I SWEAT TO GOD! I DID NOT KNOW THE LAPTOPS WERE STOLEN/ HE TOLD ME THAT HIS GF WHO WAS IN THE CAR WITH HIM, WAS THE MANGER AT BEST BUY, THAT SHE GOT THE LAPTOPS BUT DIDNT WANT THEM NO MORE AND HAD TO RESELL THEM KUZ SHE NEEDED THE MONEY. I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE THEFTS AND HE SHOED US THE REAL LAPTOPS I THOUGHT HE WOULD GIVE US THE REAL LAPTOPS SINCE THATS WHAT HE SHOWED US.

Update 2:

SWEAR* SORRY I SPELLED IT WRONG

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can complain all you want

and even call the police and give them a description but th chances of you getting your money back is small

• 1 decade ago

If you were buying a new macbook for $100 each, then you had to suspect that they were stolen or otherwise being sold under the table. So you knew from the get go you were dealing with a criminal.

When you deal with criminals, don't expect honesty.

You can report this to the police, but unless you got a license plate number, it is unlikely that they will be able to catch them, and they aren't going to put a lot of effort into finding the guy who ripped you off while you were trying to buy stolen computers.

It would be like complaining that a drug dealer ripped you off and stole your money.

Source(s): 10+ years Law Enforcement
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

First, no you won't get in trouble. There is nothing illegal about buying anything for a cheaper price. It just sounds like you we're scammed major. The same thing happened to my buddy only with some speakers supposedly sealed in a new box. You can go to the police it is fine but to be completely honest you will most likely never get your money back. I guess alway's check before you buy, sorry...that really sucks.

• 1 decade ago

You intended to purchase an item you knew or believed to be stolen or otherwise illegally acquired from a black-market seller. That would make you an accessory to a crime. Cops set up stings like that, you should be careful. You're likely not going to get your money back. THE MOST you could hope for would be to anonymously report to the police or the Wal-Mart manager that someone was possibly attempting to sell stolen laptops in their parking lot. The cops would probably show up and run the guy off, maybe arrest him. "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • udit
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For you info: ok, I agree on drugs. Diamonds at the instant are not illegally bought in México, we don't have, those are from Africa. you will discover many diamonds, yet legally bought. palms?, you advise weapons, rifles and that stuffs. properly, you're VERY incorrect, those are bought in u . s ., México isn't a producer; the team bands get the weapons from their buddies from u . s .. you will discover secure flora and fauna beeing bought illegally, at many areas in Mexico, the two animals (like monkeys, eagles, turtle's eggs, snakes, tarántula spiders, and others) or vegetation (like sarahuato cactus, biznaga cactus, peyote cactus wich is likewise a "drug", caoba wood, and countless others).

• Really, you fell for that on. ROTFLMAO.

Dude

Oh dude

DUDE, what were you thinking. Once again human greed and avarice comes back to bite you on the butt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.