how can i get over my shyness and talk to this guy?

i'm starting to like this guy who is in the same grade as me. my friend who is like a sister is telling me i need to start talking to him because nothing can happen if we don't talk to each other and stuff. she says i need to stop being so sad. it gets me frustrated because its not my fault im shy i can't help it. if i even talk to him i don't know what to say. oh p.s he has a girlfriend but i don't think they are lasting for much longer because they don't even talk to each other or acknowlege each other so i think i have a chance. help please?

Favorite Answer

If he has a girlfriend, then you should try to become his friend. So, if they break up, he'll probably get a crush on you. That would only happenif you guys talk a lot though. Oh, and trust me I KNOW its not asy to just go up to a guy and be all HEYY!! He would proably look at you all weird. SO, you can try joining some activities he likes. Like once, during PE this guy i knew picked me for his team for football. Im not very athletic so he was dissapointed i was on his team. he barely even talks to me, but i have 3 brothers so i grew up playing football. SO when i scored a touchdown he was all OMG! at the end of the football season he asked me out. So yea, guys like it when you have the same interest as them! HOPE I HELPED!! :D

Source(s): my expirience :)

Well, for starters, I wouldn't make a move on a guy that is with someone, no matter how shaky that situation may be. It's not a good way to keep a decent reputation. However, once they break up; start with a smile. Then a nod. Then a wave. Then a "Hi". Then a "How are you?". Then make small talk. "Great shoes!" "You were out yesterday, are you feeling better?" "What band are you listening to on your ipod? I love them!"

Personally, having a friend talk to him is not a good idea, cause he may start liking that friend (personal experience) but Have the mind set that, What is the worst that can happen. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. But start looking FABULOUS to school. Wear alot of makeup and Jewlery, or do whatever makes you feel pretty. The prettier that you feel the more confidence you have. Its a proven fact:) Good luck and happy hunting:)

-MTL:)

Source(s): My GALgebra II class (:
  • udit

See that person call you have? If that is there because of the fact which you like Naruto, then all you need to do is point out that to 3 random adult adult males and you will come across a huge decision dudes who're purely as shy as you're. And believe me, that is extra uncomplicated to talk to those who're purely as shy as you're!

I'm a guy but I think I can help you. I agree with your friend- nothing can happen if you don't talk to him. Just start out by saying hi. Trust me- guys like it when you say hi to them! Just be yourself. But when he does break up with his girlfriend don't ask him out right away, you gotta wait a little while for him to get over it. But you have to be good friends with him first before you ask him out.

Source(s): I used to be shy too!

Okay... first of all DO NOT I repeat DO NOT let your friend talk to him for you. I mean like what if they hook up. You wouldn't have a best friend anymore... so I think you should do what your heart tells you..

Oh and to get over shyness go to the mall and say hi to complete strangers and start conversations with them... it helped me :) idk im just wierd like that

im shy just like you. You should get your friend to talk with you to him so you can warm up to him and him to you. Try to find something you both like or are good at and talk about it.

Say, "Ftw," and go up to him and talk.