? asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

can dogs have porkchop bones?

made dinner just want to know if it okay for my puppy to have a pork chop bone

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

any bone thats been cooked can splinter and cause serious damage to your dog..don't do it

• 1 decade ago

No! Dogs should never have cooked bones - the bones can splinter when they chew them, then they swallow and the bones can cause alot of problems, even death. If you get a large cooked bone, such as a knuckle, then the dogs can break their teeth on them! I had a dog that broke her tooth on a large knuckle bone and had to have a root canal - VERY expensive $800 and that was over 25 years ago!

None of my dogs get cooked bones. Raw bones are okay, they aren't too hard or brittle.

• 1 decade ago

No Dogs Can Choke On Them And They Could Cut The Inside Of The Dogs Throat!!!!!

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

NO - not cooked and not raw either. Unless you want a puppy to choke you don't give any smaller bones - especially chicken or turkey (unless they are raw). And never pork bones of any kind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Derail
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Probably not. They get caught in bad places. My Son gave his puppy a pork bone and had to.....(ahem), dig it out when it was caught at the other end.

• 1 decade ago

NO..NO..NO...it can kill a dog. It can splinter just like a chicken bone or get stuck in its throat and it can die. It will be just as happy with a doggie treat.

Source(s): Dog owner for life
  • 1 decade ago

probably not a good idea, smaller sharp bones can accidentally be swallowed by your pet, get lodged in their throat and cause a choking hazard.

• 1 decade ago

It really depends on how big they are and if they have poisen on them if they have poisen are some type of chemical and are to small I would say no but if they are big enough for you dog to NOT choke on then maybe but it really depends if your dog is old enough to know not to swallow it. but I would be careful

• Aduial
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Absolutely not!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.