Please, hurry! My sister needs help nowwww?

My sister is an amazing basketball player, and I'm not just saying that. She has try-outs this week, and tomorrow is her last day. Recently, I have found that she is very negative on everything, and it scares me. Today, she said that she will not be playing basketball. I think that doing this would be a terrible mistake. She already quit volleyball this year because she "isn't in shape". I told her I would get in shape with her, and that didn't help. The thing is, she is too good to just up and quit. How can I talk to her and get her to change her mind by tomorrow? She is really angry at my parents for making her still try out.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like she's just being your average teenager. The best thing you can do is to talk to your parents and together keep reminder her of positive things. Tell her how great she is. Don't be upset if she turns you down.

In the end, you can't change her overnight. The best thing you can do is get her some flowers in the morning and tell her good luck. YOU have to be the one to pump her up.

Just keep telling her how much she means to you, and tell her what you think of her playing. You can't change her mind, only she can. However, you can help. She'll understand soon that your parents just want her to try something and keep at it.

Perhap it' a phase, maybe you can team up with your parents to make her think positively

Tell her to go for it! What could she lose? If she does'nt go she would regret it. Live life without The "what if" so motivate her. Either way if she does'nt make it she MUST learn WHAT DOES NOT KILL YOU, MAKES YOU STRONGER! goodluck!

she wont, you wont, and tryouts will offer nothing, even if she was the best at basket ball the only thing she would have going for her would be WMBA and we all know flippin burgers is a better deal than that, also your sister isnt really that good.

Source(s): truths

Tell her your thoughts about her..

Tell her She is AMAZING and why would she quit.

Buutt tell her she is always thinking negative.

Tell her to believe in herself..