pdooma
pdooma asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

What's your favorite leftover?

What about your kids/SO?

If you don't do leftovers, why not?

----

Our favorite here are pork tenderloin. It's good reheated (I cook it pretty pink to begin with so reheating doesn't hurt it too much) or cold on sandwiches.

Favorite Answer

I have been eating leftover pork bbq sandwiches for 2 days now. With a heap of coleslaw on top...how can I go wrong? Yesterday, I also had leftover green beans...still crunchy...YUM! I don't think I have a favorite leftover. My cookin' is good...so most of the leftovers are good too.

• Ana A

We just had leftover meatloaf sandwiches, everyone was happy.

Leftover pasta is a hit - hubby likes it cold, the kids like it when I make a fresh cheese sauce and reheat the pasta in the sauce (they call it macaroni and cheese).

Soup - they could eat leftover chicken/veggie/noodle soup every day.

Leftover mashed potatoes get turned into potato pancakes or gnocchi.

Curry is always awesome the next day, the flavors blend together even more when they sit.

I think homemade mac and cheese is better after a night in the fridge, I don't know why, it just is.

Chili is also good leftover, I think all the flavors blend well in the fridge or something.

The others are right, holiday leftovers are always good no matter what...

My kids are super picky but they eat leftovers for lunch at daycare every day and usually they eat it, or so I think they do...

My favorite leftovers are from my homemade chicken and gnocchi soup...I always make enough so that I can eat it all week. My husband and my boys really like leftover roast beef...we had it for dinner yesterday, and again tonight.

We always eat leftovers...I refuse to throw food away, so if nobody else will eat it the day after, I will. The grossest thing, in my opinion, to eat as leftovers, is a hamburger...it's just gross for some reason.

I rarely eat leftovers. I will eat leftover turkey, chicken, pizza and lasagna. My husband eats leftovers all the time for lunch of stuff I'd cooked.

My daughter is in a picky phase right now and she claims to not like stuff she's had the night before.

I'll probably eat any and all leftovers from Thanksgiving :~) Holiday leftovers are an exception.

Mine: Macaroni Casserole/Spaghetti/Turkey

SO's: Turkey/Tacos/Chicken

Mia: Macaroni Casserole

Sophia: Steak/Chili

Bubba J: Potato Salad

Lasagna. It's so good the second day. I like leftover boneless pork country style ribs too. Re-heating doesn't alter the flavor.

Lasagna - or any other bolognese style pasta -- just like a good wine, it gets better with age :)

Also, I'm a bit of a freak in that I LOVE cold food... actually prefer it to hot, so my lasagna is the best ever the next day, straight from the fridge.

• LOLeah

Spaghetti...I actually like it better the next day. Sometimes I make a spaghetti sandwich with leftover garlic bread and some sliced cheese. Yummmmm.

Leftovers? What are they?

My husband and three sons eat me out of house and home, we NEVER have leftovers after a meal.

If only we did, how nice it would be.