Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Doesn't it help the economy when you have more immigrants?

Update:

"The NRC also estimated that the average immigrant plus all his descendants would create a fiscal benefit, expressed in todays dollars of $80,000."

Update 2:

"The NRC also estimated that the average immigrant plus all his descendants would create a fiscal benefit, expressed in todays dollars of $80,000."

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes because they will buy products in the new country they move to! And they will be paying taxes to the government! And filling in jobs where people are retiring from!

• Danny
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I would think that it depends on the shape of the economy. If you have 15% unemployment and you are importing legal immigrants by the truckload, I can't think that would be a good thing. In a situation like that, you already have an excess of workers and not enough jobs for them to fill. However, if things were the other way around, where you had an excess of job and a shortage of workers, legal immigrants would be a huge boon to the economy. Their numbers would allow for more companies and the companies that already exist could be more productive.

• 1 decade ago

Only when they have jobs to go to and the natives do too.

I'm not sure how the benefits system works in the US but if it's anything like here, the government starts writing cheques to them the day they arrive and suddenly the government runs out of money.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In what sense, they take jobs away from the citizens. If they moved her legally, then theres no harm in that as we all all immigrants (except native americans) now if they are living here tax free and collecting the benefits of an american citizen? Then thats when a problem arrises.

Source(s): <3 Aubs!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Not really. Republicans have skirted around paying fair wages by bring people in from Mexico. Now that they are a problem republicans blame everybody but themselves.

• 1 decade ago

Not when they are costing you billions, if not trillions in medical and education expenses and paying little or no taxes!

• 1 decade ago

If there was no minimum wage which artificially caps labor costs, then yeah.

• Daniel
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i will gladly trade scumbags abusing the welfare system for hard-working immigrants.

• Not if they are creating a drain on social programs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.