IS he trying not to be clingy or does he not like me..?

Why would my boyfriend say that he was mad about how a guy had said I was "hot" and that he needed to stop. But then about 10 minutes later he says "I'm sorry I didnt mean to get mad over that. I just dont want you to think I get jealous." What does that mean?! Does that mean he doesn't like me? OR that he's trying not to be clingy?

He's jealous..But does not want to show it,a little jealousy is healthy in a relationship!Being jealous does not make anyone clingy,it just shows they want you to themselves!

He actually does like you and he came across jealous but that's sweet sometimes,shows you the person cares. When he apologized for his jealous behaviour that was good of him too because that shows that he cared for your feelings and he knew that it wasn't your fault for his jealousy

• <3

I think he's trying to show you that he trusts you and that he's trying not to be clingy/jealous.

He was jealous. But he felt bad that he might have seemed like he was blaming it on you so then he apologized to you. And he probably apologized because he didn't want to seem insecure.

sounds to me that he is a little clingy...but maybe im not understanding..but anyways im going to let you in on a little secret. if he ignores you...you come running... the more you cant have him the more you want him... ive proven this on small scale and large scale. something as simple as while watching a movie with a girl. and i scoot away a tiny bit... it makes her scoot closer.... its your primal instinct. and if your a dick to her it makes her want you more.... its sad but true. so if he knows this.... hes got you by the balls. unless you can control it.

he really likes you.. he just doesnt want to be douchy and jealous. but he secretly really cares