Will these tire fit my car with no problems?

Here are the tires I am wanting to get

205/50R17

And here is my stock tires

205/50R16

Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

no unless your rim is a 16". the first number is how tall the tire is, i dont remember the second number and the third is your rim size.

The correct Plus 1 size from a P205/60R16 86H is a 205/45R17 XL 88W with the inflation pressure increased by 6 psi in order to compensate for this tire sizes lower load carrying capacity at lower inflation pressures.

If you increase the diameter of the wheel (from 16 to 17 inches) without reducing the Section Height (the "50") then you increase the overall diameter of the tire. In addition to inducing considerable error in the speedometer and odometer and changing the effective final drive ratio of the car this could also cause clearance problems with the body. Your stock tire size has a nominal overall diameter of 24.1 inches, the tires you are thinking about would be 25.1 inches while the correct tires I recommend would be 24.3 inches in diameter.

Source(s): I work in the tire industry

The tires will fit your car but they won't fit your rims. Last number is the size of the rims and they are different.

No they will not.