Could I be an alcoholic?

I like to drink a couple of times a week, and it seems everytime I drink, I black-out(don't remember what I do) I turn into someone that is not my true self. My friends drink so I just drink around them.

Favorite Answer

You need to deal with the immediate problem. You are drinking until you pass out (routinely) and your personality changes when you drink. I think that qualifies as alcoholism, but I am more worried about what you are doing when you black out. You could get hurt, pick up an STD, hurt someone else, commit a crime, anything. See your health provider immediately for some help withdrawing from the alcohol, start going to meetings (AA) and get your life together ASAP.

Source(s): RN

Well Mist you should never drink just because someone else is doing it. Always be yourself if your friends dont like who you are because your not drinking well afraid to say you need new friends. Black outs are not good, I would not say your an alcoholic yet but maybe well on your way there. Hope things work out and remember be yourself dont be a follower be a leader. :)

if you cant stop before you cant remember maybe you do need to seek help and to get help for blacking out is you cant drink the first one safely so then you actually can admit you are an alcoholic

Source(s): real life experience i have the same problem now i dont drink